AW: AW: st: RE: AW: how to reconstruct a minimum acceptable income from a set of binary variables?

Subject   AW: AW: st: RE: AW: how to reconstruct a minimum acceptable income from a set of binary variables?
Date   Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:20:22 +0100

<>

Well, you can check it out yourself, or look it up in
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=pr0029, section 3. In a
nutshell, -if- without  a logical comparison is equivalent to "different
from zero". In the case of your dummies, that means: "1"..

*************
sysuse auto, clear

*2 equivalent statements
summ mpg if foreign