Re: st: -syntax- options names

To   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: -syntax- options names
Date   Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:58:55 -0500

At 03:33 PM 2/17/2009, Dan Blanchette wrote:
Did you already know that when writing a Stata program you ironically
can't name an option that begins with the letters "no"?  If you really
need to name an option that starts with the letters "no", you can do it
if you specify it in one or more capital letters.

As Austin notes, this is documented behavior. If I ruled the world though it would not be this way. My guess is that this feature has tripped up a lot more people than it has helped.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam