st: svy: proportion [version 9]

From   "Keith Dear (home)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: svy: proportion [version 9]
Date   Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:30:02 +1100

I'm posting this question from a colleague, because I don't know the answer.
--------------

The gastro survey done in 2002 had weights attached and I used STATA 8
'svy' commands to do procedures which worked fine. However, the change
in version has meant there is a new syntax for invoking the svy
procedures and I can't get it to work. Would you be able to help with
this please?

I have run the svyset command which seems to go OK

svyset [pweight=newwt], strata(statenum) vce(linearized)

     pweight: newwt
         VCE: linearized
    Strata 1: statenum
        SU 1: <observations>
       FPC 1: <zero>

Then I try a procedure like 'proportions' and get the following error
message about 'option gweight not allowed'

svy: proportion respdefn
option gweight not allowed
r(198);

Are you able to shed any light on this please? (also I am not sure what
gweight is compared to the pweight in the svyset command.)

--
Dr Keith Dear
Senior Fellow

CRICOS provider #00120C