st: Mata version control

From   Partha Deb <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Mata version control
Date   Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:35:08 -0500

Hi all,

I am trying to compile and save a Mata function as a .mo file. I am using Stata 10.1 but would like to compile and save the .mo file as a Stata 9.2 file. My understanding is that this should be possible under version control but I'm not succeeding. Here are the essentials of the .do file I use to create the function:

clear all
version 9.2
local mydir "."

mata:
void myfunc(
   string scalar lnL, string scalar G, ...)

{
define the function
}

mata mosave myfunc(), dir(`mydir') replace

end

This runs fine and saves a .mo function that I can use in Stata 10.1. But when I try to use it in Stata 9.2, I get the following error message:

(myfunc() in /home/pdeb/ado/plus/m/myfunc.mo, compiled by Stata 10.1,
is too new to be run by this version of Stata and so was ignored)

Your thoughts are most appreciated.

Cheers,

Partha

--
Partha Deb
Department of Economics

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley