Re: st: forval with value of variable

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: forval with value of variable
Date   Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:31:59 -0500

If they really are the same, just use the first
value:

 forval x = start_year[1]/end_year[1] {

 }

Rike wrote:
Dear all,

I want forval to loop over the (min) value of two variables. More
specifically, there is a variable called start_year and another called
end_year and what I want is something like this:

forval x = start_year / end_year  {
.
.
}

The variables have all the same value but i want to repeat the same
codes across different samples that have varying starting and ending
years. This is why I don't want to put the years in numbers as this
would create a lot more work.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.