Re: st: Re: estout and xtlogit

From   Ben Jann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: estout and xtlogit
Date   Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:55:16 +0100

To see a list of the returned results type

 . ereturn list

after running xtlogit. I seems xtlogit does not return the SEs of rho
and sigma_u. You'd have to compute them yourself and add them to the
results before being able to tabulate them. For example, the SE of
sigma_u can be computed as follows:

. webuse union, clear
. xtlogit union age grade not_smsa south southXt
. estadd scalar se_sigma_u = [lnsig2u]_se[_cons] * exp([lnsig2u]_b[_cons]/2)/2
. esttab, sca(rho sigma_u se_sigma_u)

Don't ask me about the SE of rho. Maybe check the manual.

ben

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Hilde Karlsen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you so much; it worked! However, it would be great if also standard
> errors for rho and sigma_u could be presented in this table. I tried this
> command:
>
> esttab, sca(rho sigma_u) se brackets
>
> ...but it leaves me with se only for B's and lnsig2u, - not for rho and
> sigma_u. Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Hilde
>

> On 10.02.2009 19:55, Martin Weiss wrote:
>>
>> <>
>>
>> *******
>> webuse union, clear
>> xtlogit union age grade not_smsa south southXt
>> esttab, sca(rho sigma_u)
>> *******
>>
>> HTH
>> Martin
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hilde Karlsen" <[email protected]>

>>> cells("b(fmt(%9.3f) star label(Coef)) se(fmt(%9.3f) label (Std Err))") label
>>> varwidth(30) varlabels(_cons "Constant")