st: estimating multiple, correlated dep vars from the same model

From   Lloyd Dumont <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: estimating multiple, correlated dep vars from the same model
Date   Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:23:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello.  My question is as much a Stata question as it is a general stats question.  I have about 9 binary dep vars (y1, y2, ..., y9) that I would like to estimate with the same logit model, in which the indep vars are something like x1, x2, ..., x6.  I have no doubt that the y variables are highly correlated.  That leads me to believe it would be wrong to separately estimate...

y1 = a11x1 + a12x2 + ... + a14x6

y2 = a21x1 + a22x2 + ... + a24x6
..
..
..
y9 = a91x1 + a92x2 + ... + a94x6

I realize the exact way I rectify this has something to do with the nature of the correlations I want to assume.  But, what method(s) should I be boning up on to make sure I adequately consider this issue and model the dep vars accordingly?

Thank you.  Lloyd Dumont