st: Filling in gaps in time variable

From   "Mike Kim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Filling in gaps in time variable
Date   Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:40:40 -0600

Dear Statalisters,

I have a question about tsfill. My data look like this:

week  rev  title country
1      992   A     P
2      182   A     P
4      221   A     P
1      258   A     Q
2      278   A     Q
3      293   A     Q
5      336   A     Q
7      342   A     Q

I tried "tsset title week" to use tsfill, but Stata says "repeated time values within panel". "tsset country week" gives the same error message because week is repeated within a country, too. I want to fill missing weeks like the following. Is there any way to do this?

week  rev  title country
1      992   A     P
2      182   A     P
3      221   A     P