st: table & chi-square from multiply imputed survey data (-ice-, -mim-) [repost]

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: table & chi-square from multiply imputed survey data (-ice-, -mim-) [repost]
Date   Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:49:00 -0500

(Sorry for the repost, but I initially sent this as part of an unrelated thread.)

I want to know how to generate a survey-adjusted chi-square like that available from -svy: tab- using data multiply imputed using -ice- (net sj 8-1 st0139).

I'd also be interested in suggestions about how to tabulate these data. (E.g., would anybody complain if I computed a mean imputed value for each variable for each case, rounded them off, and reported that?)

Suppose I have two variables, A & B, each with five categories, each measured in survey from a complex design, each with about 10% missing data. I want to see a 5x5 table with a chi-square statistic allowing an inference about the independence (or not) of A & B. I can impute A & B (and some other variables at the same time) using -ice-, but then what do I do?

As far as I can tell, -mim- doesn't support -tab- or -svy: tab-, and -svy: tab- itself doesn't support prefix commands. I can try predicting A from B using -mlogit-, but that seems silly. I can manually do a tabulation for each imputation and, I guess, average the chi-square statistics, and, I dunno, subtract one degree of freedom, perhaps? I don't see anything relevant in the list logs. Suggestions or pointers to relevant lit?

Thanks.

Michael

--
Michael I. Lichter, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor & NRSA Fellow