Re: st: eliminate blank marginal space with - graph, aspectratio(1) -

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: eliminate blank marginal space with - graph, aspectratio(1) -
Date   Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:01:41 -0600

The aspect ratio changes plot region of graph but does not change the
size of the graph.  See -help aspect_ratio- :

"   The overall size of the graph is not changed by the aspectratio()
option.  Thus constraining the
    aspect ratio will generally leave some additional space around the
plot region in either the
    horizontal or vertical dimension."

You can use the -graphregion(margin())- option to remove the margin
between the inner and outer regions.

Perhaps something like this:

 sysuse auto,clear
 scatter mpg price || lfit mpg price,  ///
   graphregion(margin(zero )) xsize(4) ysize(4.5) aspect(1) scheme(s1mono)

Scott