Re: st: AW: Question about "testparm"

From   Ted Fuller <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: Question about "testparm"
Date   Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:34:27 -0500

Martin,
Thanks for your quick response!
I confess I am still a little puzzled.
Why is one constraint redundant?
My three dummy variables are three categories of a nominal variable,
but my nominal variable has four categories. So, knowing the value of
two variables does not necessarily indicate the value of the third.

If the single tests are accumulated into "one big test", that does not seem to answer my question, which was to find out if the three coefficients vary among themselves. With three coefficients, isn't that three questions (does a=b, does b=c, does a=c)? How can "one big test" answer all
three questions?

In answer to your question, "Why open the dialog box for -testparm- before "submitting your analysis"?" it is because I am using menus rather than lines of code, and I could not see a way to ask for the what I wanted in the menu for "Statistics - Survey data analysis - Distribution-specific models - Linear regression".

Thanks.

Ted