st: RE: st: Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs Signed-ranks Test also for groups?

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: st: Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs Signed-ranks Test also for groups?
Date   Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:54:50 -0000

Another example of a difference between median differences and differences between medians is a comparison between 2 exponenrtial distributions. A discussion of this (Newson, 2008) can be found on my website at
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/papers.htm#miscellaneous_documents

I hope this helps.

Roger

References

Newson RB. Hodges-Lehmann median differences between exponential subpopulations. Download from
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/papers.htm#miscellaneous_documents

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute