RE: st: Correspondence analysis for crossed - stacked variables

From   jverkuilen <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Correspondence analysis for crossed - stacked variables
Date   Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:56:57 -0500

Not sure if this helps but I would check to see if the solutions really are different. Correspondence analysis is notorious for indeterminacies and for fits that appear different but give the same information. There are rotational indeterminacies, for instance and depending on how the loss function is defined it can be equivalent but not appear so. Changes in the normalization method will also alter the appearance of graphs without altering the fit (if I recall correctly).

I believe Michael Greenacre's newest book might be helpful:

MJ Greenacre. 2006. Multiple correspondence analysis and related methods. CRC Press.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Ina Krause" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: 1/27/2009 6:19 AM
Subject: st: Correspondence analysis for crossed - stacked variables

Dear Stata-User ,

I'd like do run a correspondence analysis for stacked-cross tables with
Stata 9.
May  anyone can give me a hind what comand will be the best: "coranal"
with fweighting variable or the "camat" - comand with the
crosses-stacked table as matix input.
The answer would be very helpful for me. Because I get different
outcomes with these two analysis methods.

Yours

Ina Krause