Re: st: RE: RE: The Future of Statistical Computing

Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: The Future of Statistical Computing
Date   Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:40:58 -0500

Dear all,

I am trying to write up my comments to the several questions raised in
this thread after my post, but  it hard to keep up. With the photo
graph it is easy:

Lenna (Lena) image is 4.2.04 in the University of Southern California
SIPI Image database
http://sipi.usc.edu/database/database.cgi?volume=misc
and is available for research purposes. Original image is copyrighted
by Playboy.

Obviously some file-format conversion was done along the way and the
resolution was scaled down. Some information is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenna
The image is an equivalent of auto.dta dataset in the
image-processing/compression communities.

Best regards,
  Sergiy Radyakin