RE: st: RE: comparing proportions

From   "Visintainer PhD, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: comparing proportions
Date   Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:44:50 -0500

I certainly would appreciate the routine.  Thanks.

-p

_____________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Eva Poen
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:56 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: comparing proportions

Paul,

If you are looking for an alternative to Fisher's test:
I recently wrote a routine for Boschloo's test, which is an
unconditional test and uniformely more powerful than Fisher's. I can
send it to you if you want.

However, both commands have the syntax

<command name> var1 var2 [if] [in] [,....]

Though I can't see why you would want to insist on the form

<command name> var1 , by(var2)

since the data structure has to be the same for both (two dummy
variables, var1 and var2). Note that both the built-in -tabulate ..,
exact- and my own -boschloo- command come with immediate versions,
where you can provide the cells of the contingency table on the
command line and don't need any data in memory at all.

HTH,
Eva