RE: st: Trouble with outreg2 and Stata 10- filepaths that include spaces

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Trouble with outreg2 and Stata 10- filepaths that include spaces
Date   Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:19:19 -0800

> an output file path and name that has any spaces in it, and also specify
> a file type for the outreg2 command (e.g. excel or text), I get an
> error message.

Looks like I forgot to put in the compound quotes again. It may come
up if you specify a file path with -excel- option. A fix is available
if anyone wants it.

In the meantime, Erika can avoid it by specifying current directly.
You do it once and not have to do it anymore. Her codes will look like
this:

. cd "C:\Documents and Settings\emorris\My Documents"
. outreg2 using results, excel auto(3) replace

Incidently, I have an experimental version that needs to be tested. This
one will create Excel files in Stata 7 or better. Please contact me if
anyone wants to give it a try before I send it off to Kit Baum.

Roy

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.