RE: st: A logit approach that allows alternative specific variables

From   Peer Skov <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: A logit approach that allows alternative specific variables
Date   Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:30:19 +0000

Hi listers,

Upon running an asclogit I use estat mfx to obtain marginal effects.
When I do so stata also reports the probability of the choice for each alternative.
why do these differ from the average over alternatives when using predict xb?

asclogit choice lifetime2 sigp sige, case(id) alt(edu) noconst
estat mfx

predict xb
tabstat xb, by(edu)

Best,