st: RE: Issue with log file

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Issue with log file
Date   Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:08:57 -0000

I can't understand quite what you are getting at here, but at least part
of it seems nonsensical.

The help file for -log- shows that you can specify the -text- option to
get a non-SMCL log file, although I never need to specify this. Did you
read that?

It may be that what you mean is that your computer (with unstated
operating system) is set up so that .log files are treated outside Stata
and SAS as SAS .log files. The remedy for that will follow information
on your set-up and what you are doing precisely.

Tu Nguyen

In STATA when I try to create a log file using the command -- log using
filename.log -- a SAS log file is automatically created (I have both SAS
and STATA installed in my computer). In brief, it seems that only a smcl
log file could be created in STATA, but not a text log file.

What should I do to fix this problem?