st: RE: R: R: Forthcoming Stata Press Book

Subject   st: RE: R: R: Forthcoming Stata Press Book
Date   Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:36:37 +0100

Being a new user and not having enjoyed Stata 9, I take account of this
statement from Carrie. But take the official zip-file of datasets and
do-files, http://www.stata-press.com/data/mus/mus.zip
and try to run mus03p1reg.do in your Stata 9.2. I guess the only things to
edit in there would be to

- change the random number functions from runiform into uniform and from
rnormal into invnormal(uniform())

- kill the version 10.1 statement

- I do understand from - help whatsnew9to10- that the -iid- option to -estat
hettest- was not around at the time so comment out the -estat hettest, iid-
thing. The book probably provides these results anyway, so the fact that two
lines of code do not run in your Stata does not spoil your fun.

I guess these changes would still allow you to enjoy the book... I highly
recommend it, anyway :-)

HTH
Martin