RE: st: Field Widths and Delimiters

From   "Prashant Shukla" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Field Widths and Delimiters
Date   Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:23:17 -0000

Thanks a Mil Austin. I think I would go with the latter option as the
project is time sensitive. As I start the process, I have one question:
What do you mean by numeric missings? I just want to make sure I
understand everything before I start. Thanks so much,

-Prash.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Austin
Nichols
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 11:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Field Widths and Delimiters

Prashant Shukla <[email protected]>:
The -file- command can write whatever you want it to, assuming you are
willing to learn how to use it (the -outfixt- code on SSC is one
example, not too long to read through).  Another way to go is to turn
every variable into a string variable of the right length (help
tostring), with the format and justification you prefer, replacing
numeric missings with spaces as appropriate, then append the single
character "|" to the end of each (except the last var in the list),
and then use -outfile- with the option -runtogether- to write your
file.