st: Problems importing a (Mac) stata output into MySql

From   Anne Tate <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problems importing a (Mac) stata output into MySql
Date   Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:00:46 +0000 (GMT)

I have encountered a strange problem when trying to input a tab delimited
text file exported using outsheet in Stata into mysql.

I use the  LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE command in mySql, but it doesn't load
in the file. However, this is only a problem with data from Macs as the
same code imports Windows- Stata created text files perfectly.

We looked into this and originally we thought that the problem
was  due to an extra newline character at the end of the file.  However,
using a text editor (TextMate) and deleting
this or the last few lines of the file doesn't seem to solve the
problem. The only way I import the data was to copy and paste
all the text into a new file. Then it worked fine.

I note that there was a post some time ago from Fred Wolfe who had
problems with mac odbc drivers. I wonder if the two problems are linked.

Has anyone else encountered this or a similar problem and if so I would
be grateful if they could shed some light on this
All the best
Rosemary