Re: st: saving local macros

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: saving local macros
Date   Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:08:14 -0500

I posted this earlier, but it didn't seem to go through. Here
again

Here's a code which creates a do-file which will reassign all
the local macros. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that
it should have embedded quotes and as usual I can't seem to get
them right and I am off for lunch etc now.

* ----------- for testing

local test "This one"

*------------- save locals ------------------
capture log close
log using mylocals.txt, text replace
macro list
log close
file open logfile using mylocals.txt, read
file open mylocals using mylocals.do, replace write
file read logfile line
while r(eof)==0 {
    local lname : word 1 of "`line'"
    if strpos("`lname'","_")==1 {
        local lval  : subinstr local line "`lname'" ""
        local lname : subinstr local lname "_" ""
        local lname : subinstr local lname ":" ""
    * next line should have embedded quotes for last token
        file write mylocals "local `lname' `lval'"  _n
    }
    file read logfile line
}
file close logfile
file close mylocals
*----------- done --------------------------

This creates a do-file called mylocals.do; if you -include-
it, it will reload all the local macros that you had when you
ran it.

hope this helps,
Jeph

Ashim Kapoor wrote:
Hello everyone,

I wish to do the following : -

stata code
save dataset,replace
save list_of_local_macros

I wish to do this as it makes it easier to debug a code, cos then I
can use the dataset and the list of macros and run a small program on
the output only from that point in the code.

Is there a way to save local macros ?

Thank you,
Ashim.