Re: st: Polynomial OLS

From   "Ángel Rodríguez Laso" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Polynomial OLS
Date   Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:41:24 +0100

I didn't know that taking logarithms would mitigate multicolinearity.
Another possibility to achieve this without hampering interpretation
of coefficients is centering the original variable, i.e. substracting
the mean, before squaring and cubing it.

Angel Rodriguez-Laso