Re: st: display width in tabulate

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: display width in tabulate
Date   Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:44:34 -0500

Hello David,

you probably mean "export to an Excel table".

If so,  -XML_TAB- is a user written program which will be helpful in
your case. Put your statistics into a matrix, and whatever strings
(originating from a string variable or labels) into rownames. After
that type:

xml_tab M, save("filename.xml")

Don't worry about the xml extension. Modern versions of Excel will
accept these files just fine. It will also give you a link on the
screen, so all you have to do next is "click here".

The help file for xml_tab provides detailed description of the many
formatting options, as well as nice features, like appending sheets,
exporting regressions' output, etc.  In particular cwidth() option
will allow you to control the width of each individual column in your
table.

Best wishes,
   Sergiy Radyakin