st: RE: text color change

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: text color change
Date   Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:35:50 -0000

There are at least two takes on this:

1. You can tune what colours are shown in the Results window. In
Windows, for example, right-clicking in the Results window leads to
Preferences, etc. As I understand it, you can vary what colour variables
are listed in, but not thereby set up the Results windows to show
variables in different colours. This is because what is tunable is the
colour for showing results (strict sense).

2. In so far as any command can include a loop over variables and a loop
over variables with a -display- statement in the middle, there is
considerable scope for programming a more colourful alternative list
program. Thus you could even specify what kinds of values you regard as
problematic and get Stata to show them in red, etc. I don't think it's
been done but I think a lot of people would want to play with anything
in this territory. Getting the right mix of simplicity and flexibility
could be tricky, and there would be a performance hit.

Ashim Kapoor

I understand that I can do

di in red " This is fun. "

and I would get my text message in red color.

Is there a way to do a " list " and have the output in color ?