Re: st: RE: estwrite error r(603)

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: estwrite error r(603)
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:44:34 -0500

It would be an interesting case if Stata were sensitive to a
particular hardware used for storage, but it is so highly unlikely.

1. What happens if you try -estwrite- with your portable HDD with on
another machine with Stata?
2. Try to see if Stata can write files to your portable HDD, e.g.:
     file open fh using X:\myfile.txt, write text replace
       file write fh "Test" _n
     file close fh
3. Check all the write permissions, antiviruses, watchdogs, etc.
Perhaps one of such programs is triggered by a particular sequence of
bytes that -estwrite- is writing.

Regards, Sergiy Radyakin