st: classification & regression trees

From   "Elizabeth Mumford" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: classification & regression trees
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:24:39 -0500

As of April 2007, according to the archives, Stata was still �inking�bout whether to add a CART-like classification tree program to the
package.  I downloaded the "cart" module that addresses failure time
analyses, but I don't think that will meet my needs (or maybe I am not
understanding its potential).  Are there other options I am missing?  My
task is to examine individual strategies (20) within an overall
intervention to try to determine the mechanism by which the intervention
is effective.  (Factor analyses and mediation analyses are not shedding
much light on the question, and a colleague suggested SPSS’s CART.)

Thank you for your time,
Elizabeth Mumford