Re: st: Olley Pakes using

From   Carl Nelson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Olley Pakes using
Date   Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:52 -0600 (CST)

Luigi,

The nature of your data is exactly why Levinsohn and Petrin developed their alternative estimator. Most industries do not have the entry and exit that the telecommunications industry of the Olley Pakes article experienced.
Check findit levpet. The levpet help file contains the relevant references.

Carl Nelson