st: RE: Wierd behavior of my stata

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Wierd behavior of my stata
Date   Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:44:09 +0900

If I'm reading this right, you appear to have re-installed Stata after
you had a problem with -outreg2-.

If that is the case, you will also need to run -update all-

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2140
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
email: [email protected]
http://myprofile.cos.com/mccaul
The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nirina F
Sent: Monday, 15 December 2008 9:16 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Wierd behavior of my stata

(1978 Automobile Data)

. ivreg2 price (mpg foreign = weight trunk turn length), ffirst
                rkstat():  3499  panelsetup() not found
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error
r(3499);

. which ivreg2
c:\ado\plus\i\ivreg2.ado
*! ivreg2 2.2.08  04sep2007
*! authors cfb & mes
*! see end of file for version comments

. ssc install ivreg2, replace
checking ivreg2 consistency and verifying not already installed...

the following files will be replaced:
    c:\ado\plus\i\ivreg2.ado
    c:\ado\plus\i\ivreg2.hlp
    c:\ado\plus\i\ivreg2_cue.ado

installing into c:\ado\plus\...
installation complete.

. which ivreg2
c:\ado\plus\i\ivreg2.ado
*! ivreg2 2.2.09  17jul2008
*! authors cfb & mes
*! see end of file for version comments

. ivreg2 price (mpg foreign = weight trunk turn length), ffirst
Error: must have ranktest version 01.1.03 or greater installed
Currently installed version is 01.1.00
To update, from within Stata type ssc install ranktest, replace
r(601);

. ssc install ranktest, replace
checking ranktest consistency and verifying not already installed...

the following files will be replaced:
    c:\ado\plus\r\ranktest.ado

installing into c:\ado\plus\...
installation complete.

After installation is complete, I rerun again and it does't work.

. ivreg2 price (mpg foreign = weight trunk turn length), ffirst
                rkstat():  3499  panelsetup() not found
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error
r(3499);

I really don't understand what is wrong with my Stata. I had a problem
with outreg2 so I just installed from scratch again my stata and now
it is giving me another problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Nirina