Re: st: GLLAMM and weights

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM and weights
Date   Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:41:46 -0500

Actually, Ariel, after reading Pfefferman et al.(1998), quoted in Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal (2006), I now think that rescaling the weights is a good idea. One note: -xtgls- (if that is what you mean by "gls") does not take probability weights.

-Steve

Pfeffermann, D., Skinner, C. J., Holmes, D. J., Goldstein, H., & Rasbash, J. (1998). Weighting for unequal selection probabilities in multilevel models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B: Statistical Methodology, 60(1), 23-40.

Rabe-Hesketh, S. & Skrondal, A. (2006). Multilevel modelling of complex survey data. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), 169(4), 805-827.