st: RE: RE: RE: RE: copy values

From   "Victor, Jennifer Nicoll" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: copy values
Date   Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:19:58 -0500

Good idea.  However, I think your first idea is preferable because the second idea forces me to loop over time (I cannot sort by state without corrupting the time element).  It seems your first suggestions maintains simplicity which still ensuring a check.

I used:

replace `var' = `var'[_n-1] if `var' >= . & state==state[_n-1]

with a foreach command.

Thanks again.
Jennifer Nicoll Victor
Assistant Professor