Re: st: A logit approach that allows alternative specific variables

From   "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: A logit approach that allows alternative specific variables
Date   Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:43:23 +0000

Hi Peer,

Some responses below:

> I would like to specify the values at which the marginal effects are calculated.
> However when I use the at () option I specify the same life_earnings for all educational groups,
> is it possible to specify different levels for each group?

I don't think so but I could be wrong. You'll probably have to
calculate the marginal effects manually if this is what you want,
Greene has the relevant formula for alternative-specific variables.

> In addition, I was hoping to be able to produce a figure for each educational level depicting prob(edu=1) on the y-axis
> and income on the x-axis. That is, similar to Greene fig. 19.2 (Econometric Analysis, Fourth Edition).
> Do you know of any useful commands in that regard?

I don't have my copy of Greene at hand but are you thinking about
something like:

webuse choice
asclogit choice dealer, casevars(sex income) case(id) alternatives(car)
predict p if e(sample)
scatter p income if car == 1

Arne