st: RE: Re: RE: Re: Exporting results after -table-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: RE: Re: Exporting results after -table-
Date   Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:20:18 -0000

Not so sure about that. My guess is that the developers of StataCorp put
this in because they wanted it themselves at a time when reissuing a
command line was a bigger deal than it is now. And once in, circa 1985,
it stayed in.

If you want to emphasise an -if- there are other ways to do it:

local BIGIF if round>7 & round<26 & win==1 &  offer==1

table risk info `BIGIF', c(mean return) row col

As people say, hereabouts at any rate, there's a big "if" attached to
that.

Martin Weiss

That is good to know. Sometimes I want to give the -if- qualifier more
prominence and this is the way to do it....

Nick Cox

> Martin's surmise is incorrect. Herve's command line is perfectly
legal.
> You can flip back and forth between options and preceding material
> provided you signal that with commas. That goes way way back. It is
not
> explicit in syntax diagrams but it is documented somewhere in [U].

Martin Weiss

> I do not think that you had those commas in your original command...

Herve STOLOWY