st: outsheet txt files with one space between columns

From   "Prashant Shukla" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: outsheet txt files with one space between columns
Date   Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:19:11 -0000

Hi All,

I am using -outsheet- to transfer data as txt files. The file needs to
be loaded into a system which requires only one space between the
columns. This is because the files need to be fixed with and when they
are tab separated, they have multiple spaces between the columns. So the
file ends up not being the width we want and all the columns after the
first one do not have the required start and end positions.

-------------------------------------

For instance, what I have is:

1001	1002	1003	1004	1005

What I need is:

1001 1002 1003 1004 1005

Is there a way to define a tab as being one space? Or, is there another
way to accomplish this goal of one space between columns in a txt files
with Stata or Stat/Transfer(I have that too)?

Thanks so much everyone,

-Prash.