st: RE: RE: RE: significance test between two kendalls' tau coefficents ?

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: significance test between two kendalls' tau coefficents ?
Date   Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:31:35 -0000

Al states, correctly, that -somersd- does not yet calculate confidence
limits for the difference between 2 within-stratum tau(X,Y) parameters
specific to 2 strata that may both appear in the same cluster. To make
this possible, I would probably have to upgrade -somersd- to create an
output dataset (or resultsset), with 1 observation per cluster and data
on the delta-jackknife influence functions or pseudovalues of that
cluster for the various tau-a or Somers' D statistics. If we created 2
such resultssets, one for each stratum, then we could merge the 2
resultssets using the cluster() variable as the key, and then use the
-mean- command to estimate a covariance matrix for the tau-a or Somers'
D statistics, and then use -lincom- to estimate the difference. Such a
method would be a rank-methods analog of -suest-.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics