st: Multiple imputation showing missing values during imputation

From   "Nailing Xia" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multiple imputation showing missing values during imputation
Date   Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:15:59 -0500

Hi,

I am using -ice- for multiple imputation, and during the imputation
process, Stata shows that values for several imputed variables that
should have been imputed in previous cycle are actually missing. The
actual error message reads as: "I found that 2 missing value(s) of
redlun5 that should have been
imputed were missing at cycle 2. Replacing value(s) with mean, dumping
current data to file _ice_dump.dta and continuing."

Anyone knows what seems to cause this problem? By the way, this
problem did not exist when I imputed without using the -interval-
option. But I checked my code for -interval- option, and it seems
fine.

Many thanks!
Nailing Xia