st: Re: video from multiple graph exports

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: video from multiple graph exports
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:54:50 -0500

< >
Certainly not true for Mac OS X! The LaTeX distribution install associated with TeXShop is a one-click task that works as simply as any other installer. And the benefits of being able to use beamer for presentations, rather than PowerPoint (which is both expensive and clumsy with maths) are overwhelming, particularly with excellent integration with popular tools like -estout-, -outreg2-, -tabout- etc. (all on SSC). The myth that LaTeX is just too hard for most people to deal with is just that. Ask Dr Ben Dwamena of UMich, who presented a beautiful beamer-based presentation in San Francisco after asking me how beamer worked a year ago after admiring all the beamer presentations at NASUG Boston.

I believe the majority of presentations at the San Francisco user meetings were beamer-based. A biased sample, perhaps, but it would tend to suggest that working with LaTeX is not too hard for people from many disciplines (not to mention everyone from StataCorp!)

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html