RE: st: Re: grc1leg

Subject   RE: st: Re: grc1leg
Date   Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:16:04 +0100

Line for the server...

" When people do this, they are implicitly saying they
don't want any help from the many folks on Statalist who use a non-MS
operating system.)"

And even the windows users have to tweak those paths to their needs, so
paths should be avoided regardless of OS issues...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael Hanson
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 1:30 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Re: grc1leg

Unless I misunderstand your example (which the exchange below
suggests it may fail the Statalist FAQ dictum: "Say exactly what you
typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in response. N.B.
exactly!"), it looks to me that you are not using your named graphs
in your -graph combine- and -grc1leg- commands, but rather (old?)
versions you have saved to disk.  If so, this could yield
unanticipated results.

(As an aside:  why hard-code Windows-type paths into such a simple
example?  It is completely unnecessary, even if you are -saving()-
the graphs.  When people do this, they are implicitly saying they
don't want any help from the many folks on Statalist who use a non-MS
operating system.)

-- Mike