st: Re: re: memory allocation problem

Subject   st: Re: re: memory allocation problem
Date   Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:45:59 +0100

HTH
Martin _______________________ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kit Baum" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:32 PM
Subject: st: re: memory allocation problem

< >
Charlie said

I'm suffering a problem with allocating memory for STATA.
My new computer has 3G memory ram and tried to allocate 2G memory for
STATA using the "set memory" command.
However, I got an error message as "op. sys. refuses to provide memory
r(909)" although my computer's physical memory ram is 3G.
Anyone can help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much in advance.

This is a FAQ (see the FAQs at StataCorp website). If you are running a 32-bit version of Stata, you cannot get that much memory allocated to the process. If you are running 64-bit Stata on a 64-bit operating system (Linux, Windows 64) you can do so. But otherwise you are not likely to get much more than 1.0-1.2 Gb allocated to Stata.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html