st: -graph export-, eps and euro sign

From   Thomas Speidel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -graph export-, eps and euro sign
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:40:31 -0700

In your code graph title I see

. ..., title(price in ?)

I am not sure if the question mark I see in your cose is intentional or a consequence of different character/keyboard encoding.

The symbol for the Euro (in the ANSI encoding) is 0128.  So it should be:

.twoway scatter price mpg, title("price in `=char(0128)'")

I can replicate your same results after the eps is created: that is I cannot see the Euro sign in the title in GSview. I suspect wildly that has more to do with the fonts and their encoding than Stata. Interestingly, if I place the copyright symbol in the title:

twoway scatter price mpg, title("price in `=char(0169)'")

The associated eps does display the Copyright symbol. One thing to mention is that the Euro symbol was added later as part of the ANSI so that may have something to do with it. I am sure someone has encoutered your same problem and can provide a solution.

--
Thomas Speidel