RE: how to reply on Statalist [was: RE: st: Categorizing HIV status using a series of string variables]

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: how to reply on Statalist [was: RE: st: Categorizing HIV status using a series of string variables]
Date   Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:38:11 -0800

I used to subscribe to the digest, but since I found I wanted to reply
to some comments, I switched to the 'usual' method - I do send to a
separate folder.
The largest benefit of digest is that you only have one delete to press.
But you can't save individual postings which is a big drawback (unless
you do a copy/paste operation which seems to defeat the purpose).
I've found that having some rules for deleting - e.g. things on topics
of no interest to me get deleted immediately.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University