RE: st: Categorizing HIV status using a series of string variables

From   "Polis, Chelsea B." <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Categorizing HIV status using a series of string variables
Date   Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:48:37 -0500

Many thanks, Tom and Howie!

Tom: Your solution worked beautifully, except for one tiny thing.  I got a few people who weren't assigned to one of the three groups, and their codes all had one thing in common...an "indeterminate" test between their negative and positive tests:

hiv

I can very easily just recode these people to be incident seroconverters, but I wonder if there is an easy fix for the code that would do this automatically?

Howie: Many thanks for the explanation...that clears up a lot of my confusion!

BTW: my apologies if this post ends up in the wrong spot - I'm still trying to understand how to reply to individual postings when I receive Statalist in digest form...I'm hoping that slapping a "RE:" in front of the subject line I wish to respond to will allow me to do that, but I couldn't find information in the FAQ on specifically how to do this.

Cheers,
Chelsea