Re: st: Oaxaca and categorical variables

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Oaxaca and categorical variables
Date   Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:36:57 +0100

A dummy variable for the reference category must exist in the data. So
if, say, condnum has 9 categories, 1 through 9, you need nine dummies,
one for each category. In the main model, you can only specify eight
dummies (to prevent perfect collinearity), but if you use the
categorical() option then the 9th dummy has to exists and you have to
identify it.

For at each one of the dummy groups in your example oaxaca cannot find
such a reference dummy variable.

ben