Re: st: RE: significance of mean and median

From   "Bastian Steingros" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: significance of mean and median
Date   Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:01:57 +0100

Hi Martin,

Using *mean* for several variables, stata has provided result like mean_var_x=-0.056 and the upper end of the CI did not overlap zero. Given a 95% CI, does the result indicate that the mean of var_x
is negative at the 5% level (1% when used a 99% CI)?

Is signtest not appropriate to compare the median inaccuracies of model 1 +2 or more generally to the medians of two variables?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------