Re: st: multiple comparison after kruskall wallis test

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multiple comparison after kruskall wallis test
Date   Sun, 23 Nov 2008 21:51:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- "Xu, Kexin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I find a lot of information about multiple
> comparison(bonferroni,fisher's LSD) after oneway and anova. But what
> if I conduct nonparmetric kruskall wallis test and then do multiple
> comparison, what should I do?

The adjustments of the p-value like Bonferroni, Holm, and Sidank's
adjustment are general and can also be used after non-parametric tests.
The adjustments are (n = number of tests, p = p-value, p' = adjusted
p-value):

bonferroni (Bonferroni's method)

     p' = min(1, np)

holm (Holm's method)

     p' = min(1,n(p)*p),
     where n(p) is the number of p-values smaller than p

sidak (Sidak's method)

     p' = 1 - (1-p)^n

See: -help _mtest-

-- Maarten