Re: st: GLAMM and nested logit/probit

Subject   Re: st: GLAMM and nested logit/probit
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:34:15 +0100

If only I knew as much as m_AA_rten about -gllamm-, I would be glad :-)

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kristian Karlson" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:31 PM
Subject: RE: st: GLAMM and nested logit/probit

Dear Martin,

I have used the gllamm manual quite a lot for multilevel multinomial and
ordinal logit models and linear multilevel growth model with latent classes for the unobserved heterogeneity. I have, however, not found a presentation
of how to model a nested multinomial logit model, hence this thread on the
statalist.

(For clarification: Yes, you get it right - the idea was to model the latent
class membership. How specifically to do this I haven't decided on yet.
Sorry about being unclear about the identification issue. My point here was
a mere indication that a more realistic model with transition varying
covariates would be "better", i.e. not depend critically on distributional
assumptions of the errors. I am not an expert in identification theory, so
I'd better read some more about before I mention it again ;) The problem
about intervening variables is also unclear in my study; I'll have to look
at this more thoroughly).

Nonetheless, my problem here is technical. Maybe I need to go through the
gllamm manual once again (and this time read it more in depth). However, if
anyone can give me a helping hand with the estimation of the nested
multinomial logit model in -gllamm- stated in the top of this thread, I
would be thankful.

All the best,
Kristian