st: RE: dtobit at observed censoring rate

Subject   st: RE: dtobit at observed censoring rate
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:21:23 +0100

Note that "help dtobit" indicates the reference
http://www.stata.com/products/stb/journals/stb56.pdf
which is free...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Renzo
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:58 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: dtobit at observed censoring rate

Dear Statalister,

I have a question on -dtobit- which I've seen it was already asked but
nobody answered. I can't understand what exactly calculate -dtobit- with the

option -censor-. Is it a particular form of the -at(matname)- option where
values are those of the uncensored sample or not? I guess it must be a
different stuff because if I ask for marginal effects at the means of IV for

the uncesored sample I do not get the same results as with the -censor-
option. Could anybody tell me what is the actual meaning of this option?

thanks
Renzo

--
Renzo Carriero