Re: st: help for using xtmixed

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: help for using xtmixed
Date   Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:16:24 +0000 (GMT)

Bobby Gutierrez gave what looked like very interesting talks at the
last London Stata Users' Group meeting and Fall North American Stata
Users' Group meetings. I missed both meetings, but the slides look very
interesting and applicable to your situation:
http://repec.org/fnasug2008/gutierrez.pdf

Hope this helps,
Maarten

--- josemaria <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear Stata listers:
> I am using xtmixed to compare children growth of two groups
> (variable=
> group, coded 0|1). The children (variable=  id) were selected within
> counties (variable= county). Each child were measured (response
> variable=
> zscore) five times, at ages 6, 10, 14, 18, 22 months (variable= age),
> and I
> admit that each child has their own growth quadratic curve.
>  Please, is the  -command  xtmixed zscore age agesquared group
> interactiongroupage interactiongroupagesquared || county: || id: age,
>
> cov(unstructured) var- adequate?
> Thanks for any help.
> José Maria
>
> Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza, Professor Titular (aposentado)
> Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP
> Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715
> 01246-904  -  S. Paulo/SP - Brasil
> fones  (11)3061-7747; (11)3768-8612
> fax  (11)3714-2403