Re: st: Comparing frequencies with pweight

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing frequencies with pweight
Date   Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:08:37 -0500

Martin's suggestions of -svy: tab- , with "organization' designated as the psu, is probably the right one. However, I'm not sure. With your specification "x" and "y" must be attributes of the organizations. One must be "wave". What is the other? -pweight- will weight the organizations by the number of clients. So, essentially you are classifying clients by the attribute of their organization and ignoring organization , except to compute standard errors. For example, if you classify organizations as "big" and "small", -svy: tab- would compare the proportions of clients who are in big organizations in 1995 and 2005 Is this what you want?

Are the 618 organizations a sample of a population? If so, please describe the design, for you need to take into account other aspects of the design. Final question: what do you mean by "adjust for N"?

-Steve

On Nov 14, 2008, at 12:24 PM, Martin Weiss wrote:

Have you checked out -help svy: tabulate twoway-?

HTH
Martin
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:52:33 -0600
Von: Erick Guerrero <[email protected]>
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Comparing frequencies with pweight

Hi, I need code for Stata to do descriptives - chi-squares with
p-weights and adjust for N.

I am trying to compare percentages between two waves (1995 and 2005) on
618 organizations.

The tab x y, col row chi with pweight (number of clients in each
organization) does not work, and when I use fweight gives me an inflated N. What is the proper way to compare these frequencies in organizations
and weight by number of clients and adjust for N in stata?

Thanks,

Erick

Martin Weiss
Hackersteigle 3