Re: st: Conditional multinomial logistic regression again

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Conditional multinomial logistic regression again
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:57:50 -0500

. findit multinomial conditional

turns up  -mcl-

 STB-56  sbe37 . . . .  Special restrictions in multinomial logistic
 regression
 (help mclgen, mclest if installed)  . . . . . . . . . . . J. Hendrickx
 7/00    pp.18--26; STB Reprints Vol 10, pp.93--103
 programs for multinomial conditional logit providing greater
 flexibility for restrictions on the dependent variable;
 including stereotyped ordered regression models and the row
 and columns model 2 which contain both linear and multipli-
 cative terms

which may do what you want. Try -findit- to install this and/or
read the help file.

hth,
Jeph

Elizabeth Allred wrote:
Having gotten no responses to my earlier query (below), I went over
to the dark side (SAS) to see what it could/would do. Using proc
logistic, I can fit a conditional <binary> logistic (like clogit) and
a multinomial logistic (like mlogit) but SAS, too, will not fit a
conditional multinomial logistic. SAS says:

NOTE: Conditional logistic regression with polytomous response data
is not currently supported.

Will it ever be? I'm not a programming whiz..am I asking for
something impossible? Is there no way to do conditional multinomial
logistic regression??

Liz

On 11/13/2008 at 3:42 PM, in message
<[email protected]>,
Elizabeth Allred <[email protected]> wrote:
I've used clogit (conditional [fixed-effects] logistic regression
but it only deals with a binary dependent variable. Now I have a
dependent variable with 3 levels. Mlogit (multinomial logistic
regression) handles that but doesn't it doesn't do for the fixed
effects. How can I do condtional multinomial logistic??

Liz

* *   For searches and help try: *
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search *
http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq *